Tevez dispute close to settlement

July 30, 2007

Is this ridiculous affair finally coming to an end?

Maybe now Joorabchian will sweeten the pot a little bit and throw a bone to West Ham. Or maybe not.

bbc.co.uk

Tevez dispute close to settlement

The dispute over the future of Carlos Tevez may be decided out-of-court in the next couple of days, sources close to West Ham told BBC Sport.

The player’s representative Kia Joorabchian issued a writ to West Ham in an attempt to secure his proposed £30m move to Manchester United.

But with no date set for a high court hearing it is thought that both parties could come to an agreement.

Joorabchian’s companies claim they own the economic rights to the 23-year-old.

BBC Sport’s football reporter Nigel Adderley said: “The difference in the amount of compensation each side believes would be fair could still leave Tevez in limbo at the start of the season.

“The player’s advisors MSI have indicated they’re only prepared to pay West Ham £100,000 – as was agreed in the original contract which the club then ripped up at the Premier League’s insistence to end the third-party ownership of Tevez and allow him to carry on playing last season.

“But the club believe they’re entitled to far more to release his registration which would allow him to move to Manchester United.

“Plenty of compromise could lead to a speedy outcome but if it does end up in court, the striker could be sidelined for several months.”

Tevez’s transfer to the Premier League champions has stalled over who will be paid the £30m transfer fee.

Third-party ownership of football players is common in South America but was almost unheard of in England until West Ham signed Tevez and fellow Argentine Javier Mascherano, who has since moved to Liverpool, in August 2006.

West Ham ripped up an agreement they had with Joorabchian – which broke Premier League rules – and they now claim any deal with United can only go ahead with their say-so.

The Football Association and the Premier League had asked Fifa to rule on the matter, but the world governing body recommended it should go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

West Ham were fined £5.5m in April for breaking Premier League rules over third-party ownership when they signed Tevez.

They were allowed to continue playing him after satisfying the Premier League that the third-party agreement with Joorabchian had been torn up.

Tevez is registered as a West Ham player but Joorabchian claims he still owns the striker’s economic rights and is therefore entitled to the transfer fee.

———————–

tycsports.com

30-07-2007 | Se endurece el tironeo por Carlos Tevez

West Ham pretende seis millones de libras para desprenderse de los derechos federativos y Joorabchian elevará el caso a un tribunal para poder venderlo al Manchester. El Apache podría quedar parado hasta enero.

La novela que tiene como protagonista a Carlitos Tevez sigue sumando capítulos y nadie sabe – por ahora – si tendrá un final feliz.

El West Ham y el poderoso Manchester United vienen dirimiendo desde hace semanas en dónde jugará el delantero argentino. Y según las últimas informaciones que llegan desde Inglaterra, ahora la pelota la tiene el empresario Kia Jorabchian, dueño del grupo que compró a Tevez

Todo comenzó cuando los Diablo Rojos decidieron romper el chanchito y ofrecieron por Carlitos una suma escalofriante: 60 millones de dolares. La cifra le hizo brillar los ojos al iraní, que cuanto antes quiere venderlo al equipo de Sir Alex Fergusson.

El problema apareció cuando los Hammers, dueños de los derechos federativos del goleador hasta 2010, decidieron ponerse firmes y hacer todo lo posible para que no se lo lleven, exigiendo el cumplimiento del contrato.

Pero, se sabe, por dinero baila el mono. Y también Eggert Magnusson, presidente del West Ham, quien puso como condición para liberar a Tevez que a su club le paguen seis millones de libras por la adquisición de los derechos federativos.

Si bien todavía la respuesta de Joorabchian no llegó, el empresario presentaría el caso en un tribunal ordinario, lo que alargaría la espera. Esto, sumado a que el libro de pases en Inglaterra cierra el 31 de agosto, podría derivar en que Tevez quede colgado hasta enero.

Serán horas decisivas. Todas las partes se mantienen firmes y el jugador argentino espera resoluciones, sabiendo que en el West Ham dejó una imagen inmejorable y que está en el momento justo para pegar el salto a un grande del Viejo Continente.

Advertisements

Almost $100 Million in domestic player transfers

July 30, 2007

There’s been a significant amount of player transfers in the last month from the domestic league to mostly European clubs, with the biggest transfer going to Qatar, and the total transfer costs nearing 100 million dollars ($99,113,000 to be exact).

This big boom of domestic players going abroad is encouraging and is a reflection of the current state of Argentine football.


Demichelis & Sosa Win German League Cup

July 29, 2007


Sosa and Demichelis, first row from left to right.

DW-WORLD.DE

Bayern Return to Form With League Cup Win Over Schalke

Bayern Munich beat Schalke 04 in the German League Cup and claimed the title for the sixth time. But the meagre 1-0 win left opinions split over the victory’s potential impact on the Bundesliga season.

After a disappointing fourth-place league finish last season, Germany striker Miroslav Klose netted the winner on Saturday as Bayern Munich defeated Schalke and claimed the German preseason title.

Klose, one of Munich’s major summer newcomers, was on target just before the half-hour mark, tapping into the empty net after confusion in the Schalke defense.

Munich dominated the match in Leipzig and even without their other big-name newcomers, including injured France winger Franck Ribery and Italy forward Luca Toni, the Bavarians showed the creativity and style many observers said the side lacked last season.

“We laid down our marker that we’re back,” said Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld.

Spending spree

Bayern laid down much more than a marker over the Bundesliga’s summer break. Munich went on an unprecedented spending spree after coming only fourth last season, dishing out 70 million euros ($95 million) for new players.

“We’ve now got a team that we hoped to have,” Munich goalkeeper Oliver Kahn said. “It’ll take a while until we find the best lineup.”

Bayern won the six-team League Cup, an unofficial pre-season event, by beating all three teams ranked ahead of them in the last Bundesliga season: league champions VfB Stuttgart, Schalke and Werder Bremen.

“Favorites for all the titles”

“If you have the chance to get a title you should win it,” said coach Ottmar Hitzfeld. ” It’s good to beat all three teams that were ahead of us, one after another.”

Bayern also claimed the Bundesliga title the last four times they won the League Cup, which has been fought over for 11 years.

“This team is an attraction for the Bundesliga,” said Matthias Sammer, the German soccer Association (DFB) sport director said of Bayern. “They’re the favorites for all the titles.”

The German season kicks off next week with the first round of the German Cup and the Bundesliga start set for Aug. 10.

…………………………………………

ole.com.ar

Micho no sale de la cueva

Martín Demichelis estuvo más cerca del gol que Sosita: “Metí un tiro en el palo, de cabeza. De otra manera es imposible, je”. El ex River arrancó de primer zaguero. “Ya no actúo más de volante, después de cuatro años creo que voy a poder jugar una temporada entera de zaguero. Voy a pelear por eso. Quiero demostrar que puedo estar al alto nivel europeo en el puesto de marcador central”.

Esto lo comenta justo cuando Ayala anunció su salida definitiva de la Selección. “Obviamente, es un sueño para mí. Esto me sirvió para arrancar bien en el club, y hay que ir de a poco. Primero debo preocuparme por lo personal, con el club”, le dijo el ex River, de 26 años a Olé.

“Más allá de que ésta sea una Copa no muy importante, para nosotros es valioso agarrar confianza y empezar bien. Así será más sencillo corregir errores. Fue una final, había que ganarla y la ganamos”, agregó. El Schalke es bravo: atacó con el danés Lövenkrands y Kuranyi, de la selección alemana.


Heinze brings in the lawyers

July 28, 2007

bbc.co.uk

Defender Heinze brings in lawyers

Sir Alex Ferguson says Manchester United are confident of keeping Gabriel Heinze despite him calling in lawyers to try to clinch a move to Liverpool.

The Reds have met the £6.8m fee for the 29-year-old Argentine, but United do not want him to sell him to Liverpool.

“We’re aware he’s taking legal advice. We’re confident of our position so I hope it’s good advice,” said Ferguson.

“He’s due back in training on 6 August which gives him three weeks’ rest after the Copa America. We expect him back.”

United chief executive David Gill also said he was happy the club was in the right.

“He is a contracted player for two years and unless we receive an offer which is acceptable to us as a club, he will remain with us,” he said.

Gill says that prior to Liverpool revealing their interest, he verbally informed Heinze’s agent that United would not be prepared to sell him to any of their three major domestic rivals.

That conversation is thought to have been recorded, and if so, could feasibly, be used as evidence if the matter ended up in court.

Ferguson says Heinze’s representatives have unsettled the defender.

“I think that if we could take away the agent’s role in this I don’t think an awful lot is wrong with Gabi’s position at the club,” said Ferguson.

“We’ve looked after Gabi very well. He had his cruciate knee operation and we looked after him.

“We let him do his rehabilitation in Spain, which he wanted and I think he’s delighted at how we’ve treated him. We’ve conducted ourselves in a way that suited Gabi perfectly.”

But Heinze, who signed from Paris St Germain in 2004, is thought to be keen to leave, and the large Spanish-speaking contingent at Anfield may be an attraction.

If he did end up at Liverpool, Heinze would become the first player to go directly from Old Trafford to Anfield since Phil Chisnall in 1964.


AC Milan to sign Riquelme?

July 28, 2007

According to reports in the Italian media Milan is still interested in Riquelme and their manager has given approval to the potential signing.

Según la prensa italiana, AC Milan estaría interesado en quedarse con el argentino Juan Román Riquelme, que Villarreal ya no tiene en cuenta

BUENOS AIRES — Según la prensa italiana, el Milan vuelve a estar interesado en contratar al armador argentino Juan Román Riquelme, por lo que de tomar cuerpo esa versión se complicarían los planes de Boca Juniors, que pretende reternerloa préstamo al menos hasta fin de año.

El técnico Carlo Ancelotti, el presidente Silvio Berlusconi y el vicepresidente Adriano Galliani ya están de acuerdo en conseguir el pase del talentoso conductor del seleccionado, de acuerdo con los datos que maneja los medios de la península.

El martes se presentará oficialmente al plantel rossonero para la próxima temporada y el enganche argentino responde a las aspiraciones de Galliani, ya que está en condiciones de obtener el pasaporte comunitario en virtud de su inicial desembarco en el Barcelona y su prolongado período en el Villareal español.

Riquelme por lo tanto tiene otra chance para llegar a fin de año en el Mundial de Clubes, pero para los xeneizes lo haría en la vereda de enfrente. Lo concreto es que el diez actual de Argentina figura como posible refuerzo del Milan, pero sus competidores son Alexandre Pato, de Inter de Porto Alegre; Julio Baptista, de Real Madrid, y el portugués Deco, de Barcelona.

Se dice que a Ancelotti le agrada la idea de contratar a Riquelme para acompañar en la creación al brasileño Kaká y la situación del argentino en Villarreal, donde no es tenido en cuenta por el entrenador chileno Manuel Pellegrini, favorecería su llegada.


Di María signs with Benfica

July 27, 2007

Rosario Central’s talented midfielder and recent U-20 World Cup winner Angel Di María signed with Benfica in a record transfer for Rosario Central. Benfica paid 6 million Euros for 80% of the transfer rights.

From TyC Sports

27-07-2007 | Di María se va al Benfica en una cifra récord

La vedette del momento en el mercado de pases argentino ya tiene dueño. Angel Di María jugará en el Benfica por una cifra récord entre las transferencias de Rosario Central. Al club le quedarán seis millones de euros limpios por el 80 por ciento del pase del zurdito que brilló en el Mundial Sub 20, en una operación que además incluye el 50 por ciento de la ficha de Andrés Díaz.

Sin intermediarios y en una gestión de club a club, el presidente Pablo Scarabino y sus pares de Comisión Directiva, Pablo Franco y Jorge González, llegaron a un rápido acuerdo con el titular del Benfica, Luis Felipe Viera.

Las tratativas iniciales están en su curso normal y de no mediar inconveniente alguno, los directivos junto a los jugadores estarán viajando a Lisboa el martes para sellar una operación sin precedentes, previa revisión médica y firma de los contratos pertinentes.

Di María, de 19 años y que era pretendido por Boca, tendrá un contrato por cinco temporadas al igual que Díaz, de 24 años y 77 partidos en el equipo mayor.

Benfica, que además contrató a Gonzalo Bergessio, cerró la operación luego de recibir 27 millones de dólares por el pase de su capitán Simao Sabrosa al Atlético de Madrid.

“Di María es un futbolista polifuncional que puede moverse en todas las posiçiones del ataque, aunque su rol preferido es el del número 10, al igual que Simao. Benfica habrá encontrado al sucesor?”, se pregunta el periódico deportivo A Bola, que difundió la noticia en su edición digital.


Ferguson happy to wait for Tevez

July 26, 2007

guardian.co.uk

Ferguson happy to bide his time in quest for Tevez

Mark Ogden Macau
Thursday July 26, 2007
The Guardian

Sir Alex Ferguson has reassured Carlos Tevez that Manchester United are prepared to wait beyond the August 31 transfer deadline in order to take him to Old Trafford.

With just five weeks to go before the transfer window closes, the signing of Tevez is likely to be delayed by the decision of Kia Joorabchian, the Argentinian forward’s representative, to launch legal proceedings against West Ham United in an effort to resolve the dispute surrounding the player’s ownership and right to seek a move away from Upton Park.

High court proceedings could leave Tevez in a state of limbo, but while Joorabchian’s decision to bypass the Court of Arbitration for Sport in favour of a legal action is one that is expected to take longer to complete, it is the route most likely to bring about a clear resolution, with United welcoming the opportunity to clear up the issue of the player’s current contract situation before they sign him.

“I feel more confident now because the agent is confident enough to take it to the high court,” said Ferguson. “You can be embarrassed there if it’s not right and you can lose everything, so he must be very confident regarding the situation with West Ham. Once it goes to the high court, you never know what will happen, but it’s better for us because we will know exactly where we stand and that’s the best way to resolve it. I would imagine that it would be done before the deadline, but we would wait for him anyway if we have to. We’ve gone so far now, there’s no point stepping back.”

Ferguson believes that in Tevez he has identified a player capable of ending his search for a world-class goalscorer following the departure of Ruud van Nistelrooy to Real Madrid last summer. “There are very few strikers in the world market,” added the United manager. “Quite simply, top strikers are becoming rarities and it’s very difficult to get them, but I think what Carlos Tevez has shown is his ability to play in England and the immense influence he had on a team at the bottom of the league. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. He kept West Ham up because his performances were that good. So there are good reasons to go for a player like that, apart from those two points.

“Sometimes you worry about players from South America, that there will be a settling-in period. When he first went to West Ham, he was a substitute a lot of the time, but once he got a regular game for them, he was fine. We didn’t go for him last summer because we weren’t sure of the arrangement.”

While Ferguson remains bullish about his chances of signing Tevez, he has once again ruled out Liverpool’s hopes of prising another Argentinian international, the defender Gabriel Heinze, from Old Trafford.

The 29-year-old Heinze is keen to complete a £6.8m move to Anfield and legal proceedings to force the move are being investigated by Liverpool and Heinze, who both believe that United cannot block the transfer, having given written permission for the player to find a new club. Ferguson, who has said that Heinze is not for sale to any of United’s domestic rivals, insists that the move will not happen, however.

He said: “I’ve not spoken to Gaby, but he’s our player and that’s the important thing. He’s not Liverpool’s player, despite them going on as if he is. He has two years left on his contract, but if he completes his contract and then leaves at the end of it, that’s fine by us.

“Liverpool are opportunist, like the rest of them. If an agent came to me and presented me with a letter saying Steven Gerrard was available for a certain fee, I would do the same.”